Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Belated Meme response

My apologies  for the long silence. Between my recent illness and an approaching deadline at work, I've had next to no time for anything other than panic and exhaustion. Things are starting to calm down a little bit, so I'm hoping to get back to that quasi normal thing that almost resembles a blog schedule.

Also, I want to thank everyone for your prayers and well-wishes over the last few weeks. It means a lot that you guys are thinking of me. And as an update, I'm almost back to normal these days: I'm out of danger from the blood clot in my leg (though it's still there, it is no longer growing or likely to break off and become another embolism), and I can walk/move around normally again. I'm still on blood thinners and will be for the next six months, which means no contact sports/anything that might cause lacerations, major abrasions, or internal trauma...so my career as an NFL linebacker is pretty much over ;) (see my profile picture if you don't get this joke). Restrictions not withstanding, I'm feeling really good and I'm glad to be getting back to life as usual. Now, on to my real post!

So, a few weeks ago, Rosie, over at East for Green Eyes, tagged me in a meme. To be honest, I don't even know what a meme is, but I figure it can't hurt to respond/pass it on. Besides, I think this is kind of fun!

If you could go back in time and relive one moment, what would it be?
Well, I would have to say I'd like to relive my honeymoon... What can I say? It is still one of the happiest times in my entire life. Although, this time around, I'd make sure my wife and I both remembered to bring our hiking stuff...

If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
I would change my career path from technical writer/XML editor to SFF editor. Even though I like my job, I constantly find myself wishing I could just get back to reading whatever book I'm in the middle of at the moment. And to have someone pay me to do it would be the best thing EVER.


What movie/tv character do you most resemble in personality?
To be completely honest, I really can't think of one. I even asked my wife and she couldn't think of one either. However, there are a few characters that I almost come close to resembling/wish I resembled:
  1. Wedge Antilles (if you don't know him, there's no use explaining)
  2. Marshal Erickson (How I Met Your Mother)
  3. John Crichton (Farscape)


If you could push one person off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be?
Yeah, I couldn't do that. Mostly because I'd be waaaaaaaaaaaay too terrified of falling to get close enough to push someone. Now my dirty secret is out.

Name one habit you want to change in yourself.
Laziness. I really think this is a habit. We get comfortable in routine. After my father died in 2008, I didn't do ANYTHING. I watched lots of TV. I sat on my butt. And it's been really hard to break those habits since then.

Describe yourself in one word.
Geeky

Describe the person who named you in this meme in one word.
Spunky!

Why do you blog? Answer in one sentence.
I blog because it lets me share what I'm learning about writing (and occasionally vent about writing) with people who I know have the same interests and problems as I do. It's almost therapeutic at times.

Who am I tagging? 

5 comments:

  1. That's funny. I pegged you as a linebacker when I first saw your picture! ;)
    Glad you're back and thanks for the tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you're doing good! I hope everything stays that way.

    Nice answers, especially about your honeymoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! Nice to see you're back, and I just love the humour in your post. Funny guy. So where did you go for your honeymoon that was so much fun? We moved for ours, it sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hopped over here from Chantele's blog--so nice to meetcha! I like the "sci-fi with a side of fantasy" bit. ;o) Glad to hear the blood clots are more under control; best wishes there.

    And yep--I'd say Rosie is "spunky"!! She's my buddy CP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I'm tagged! :) I'm glad you're feeling better, and that things are getting back to normal health-wise.

    ReplyDelete